Friday 13 March 2015

INTERVIEW: MELISSA SONICO


I've always wanted to be a California girl. Not one of the bleach blonde, surf chic stereotypes -  but a hip young creative who explores every inch of her eclectic surroundings. Melissa Sonico has inspired me ever since I first stumbled across her Instagram feed; introducing me to the rocky beaches, dusty deserts, humid cacti greenhouses and cool cafes that I long to explore.

Follow Melissa on Instagram: @melissasonico


GF: What's your name and what do you do?

MS: My name is Melissa Sonico. I am a fiction writer, fashion/lifestyle blogger and burgeoning shop owner! I'm also a college English professor and a wife of almost 3years.


GF: What's your favourite thing about living in California?

MS: I love the different types of landscapes and climates! It's a misconception that California is just sun and sand and palm trees; we've got snowy mountains in Big Bear, redwoods in Big Sur and the desert - as well as big city life. We have it all!


GF: Can you share your favourite secret spots with us?

MS: For breakfast/brunch - One of my favorite breakfasts out here is the LA Chapter at the Ace; their ricotta pancakes and avocado toast are so good.

For coffee - I'm actually a tea drinker, and my favorite is a chai tea latte from Augie's, my local downtown coffee shop!

 For exploring - Big Sur for sure

For tranquility - The library or, more recently, art galleries

For swimming - Malibu!



GF: If you didn't live in California, where would you live? 

MS: I think I might like to live in Portland or Washington  for a bit-- maybe Brooklyn - but I see myself settling somewhere in California!



GF: Where's your favourite place in the world? 

MS: Under the covers at home watching Silicon Valley or whatever new TV show my husband and I binge watch, eating pizza



GF: What's on your travel bucket list?

MS: The Midwest. It's a mystifying place  to me and I think I'd like some time away from the hustle and bustle. But on a grander scale, Vietnam or Spain.



Follow Melissa on Instagram: @melissasonico

1 comment:

  1. Woow, Emma! Kisses &... was my favorite blog so far, but now.... this is soooo amazing! I will included in my list of favorite blogs! So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete