Wednesday 11 March 2015

ROAD TRIPS: INSPIRATION


My favourite holiday I ever went on was a road trip. Two summers ago, my boyfriend and I drove around Normandy and Brittany in the north of France in a tiny little Smart Car, our tent and an impressive amount of belongings carefully stacked in the back. I felt completely free for that fortnight, without the usual public transport travel restrictions a holiday normally throws your way. If we read about a tiny little village in the middle of nowhere (or a bizarre theme park based around discovering hilariously bad dinosaur statues in the middle of the countryside), we could just hop in the car and head that way. We had a rough route planned in, but anything could happen.

This summer will be our second mammoth road trip. I'll go into it in more detail soon, but we'll be exploring somewhere very close to home where I've somehow managed not to visit previously: Scotland. In preparation for this adventure, and those to come in the future, I've planned in a series of road trip themed posts for Girl Folk. Expect playlists, planning tips and my ultimate road trip bucket list.

Let's start things on the right foot with a little inspiration.











No comments:

Post a Comment